Choosing the Best Adoption Agency in OK: 3 Reasons Why Adoption Choices of Oklahoma is the Best Agency for You
If you’ve chosen adoption, you likely know that the adoption journey can be a long, complex, and emotional process. There are choices to make—the agency you choose, your birth and adoption plans—and difficulties to weather. For some birth mothers, the adoption process may create feelings of grief, guilt, and/or loss that can last for some time.
All in all, it can seem like a lot to deal with. But with Adoption Choices of Oklahoma, you’ll never be alone while facing it. Our trained staff and various forms of aid—including financial and housing assistance—mean that you’ll get any help you need. We’re here to make the adoption process as easy for you as possible while also caring for your well-being.
Complexities of an Oklahoma Adoption
Putting your child up for adoption can seem like a convoluted and difficult process. There are a variety of decisions to make and the potential for emotional fallout. But should you begin to feel overwhelmed during your adoption journey, our birth parent counselors are here for you. You’ll never have to puzzle through the process on your own. Just remember: Your decisions should always be your own. When making them, consider only what is best for you and your child, not for anyone else.
The steps of your Oklahoma adoption will include:
- Meeting your birth parent counselor. You’ll not only get to know her but also share any decisions you’ve already made. And don’t worry—you don’t need to come prepared.
- Choosing the type of adoption—that is, open, semi-open, or closed. You’ll need to determine whether you want to keep in contact with the adoptive family and your child.
- Deciding on an adoptive family. Consider any criteria you may have before beginning your search. Once you’ve made your choice, you have the option to meet the family and form a more personal opinion.
- Making a birth plan. You’ll need to decide things, including which hospital you want to go to and who you want in the room.
- The final step—going to court. Your birth parent counselor will take you there in order for you to surrender your parental rights. Should you decide you want to keep your baby, you must decide before your court date.
Choosing a Credible Adoption Center
Choosing a licensed, local, private adoption agency may make all the difference in the quality of your adoption process.
As a licensed agency, we have been certified in Oklahoma. As such, we can provide you with resources an unlicensed agency may not be able to. This includes financial assistance, finding housing and medical care, and helping unhoused and addicted birth mothers through the adoption process. We will never simply take your child away or reject you based on your current situation. Additionally, we complete home studies and post-placement supervision in order to ensure the safety and well-being of your child.
As a local entity, our Oklahoma City and Tulsa adoption agencies provide you with physical locations you can visit anytime. However, for those not located in these cities, our adoption specialists can travel to wherever you are. We want to ensure you have whatever guidance and support you need during the adoption process.
A private adoption means that you have a great deal of control over the adoption process. You’re not only placing your child up for adoption yourself. You’re choosing where they go. Additionally, you decide the kind of adoption it will be.
An unlicensed or otherwise low-quality adoption agency may not provide you with this level of assistance and control. And if their adoption specialists are not properly trained in state adoption laws, other issues may arise during the process. Choosing a licensed, local, and private agency for your Oklahoma adoption means you—and your child—will likely be better looked after.
Here are three reasons why Adoption Choices of Oklahoma is the best choice for you:
1. Our Adoption Agency’s Track Record
Adoption Choices of Oklahoma has been a well-established agency for over 25 years. Our staff are committed to facilitating safe and ethical adoptions. Ones in which you are in control every step of the way. And if you’re looking for reassurance, our website offers several testimonials from happy adoptive parents. You can also chat with your birth parent counselor about any questions or concerns you may have.
Depending on whether you want to visit us in person, you may want to be close to one of our offices. In that event, you can choose a Tulsa or Oklahoma City adoption. However, we can come to you no matter where in the state you are. Additionally, you can get in touch with us at any time via text, phone, or email for a one-on-one discussion.
2. Services Offered During Your Oklahoma Child Adoption
A child’s adoption can be a difficult thing. There is the stress of decision-making and the potential emotional fallout post-adoption. You may even question whether you’re making the right decision about placing your child for adoption.
Our staff is here to help. We can answer any questions you may have to help ensure you’re comfortable with your decisions. We can also offer a variety of assistance for eligible birth mothers. These services include:
- Financial support for expenses related to your pregnancy and assistance in getting government aid.
- Assistance in getting the medical support you need during and after your pregnancy
- Helping you find and pay for housing in order to ensure your safety and well-being during your pregnancy
- Transportation to appointments or other pregnancy-related trips
- Professional counseling for up to six months post-delivery
- Home studies and post-placement supervision to ensure that your child is safe and cared for
3. Trained Adoption Choices Staff
Our trained staff are here to ensure that you will have a safe, ethical, and informed adoption. We are available in person, virtually, and by text, phone, or email at any time. Whether you have questions, need assistance, or require emotional aid, we’re here for you.
We will never judge our birth mothers or adoptive families by their race, sexual orientation, religion, or marital status. We will also never judge or refuse birth mothers for being unhoused, dealing with addiction, or experiencing an unplanned pregnancy. Additionally, we will never require you to give up your child for adoption, at least before your court date. At any time during the process, you can decide you want to keep your child.
Choosing Adoption Choices of Oklahoma
Above all, our agency and staff are here to ensure a healthy pregnancy and child adoption. We will give you whatever assistance we can in order to make sure you are emotionally and physically cared for.
Pregnancy and adoption can be difficult, and you don’t need an unlicensed or low-quality agency, making it more so. Our licensed, local, private adoption agency will ensure you get the quality care you need. Your adoption journey may feel long and emotionally draining, but you won’t be alone. Take advantage of the resources we provide, and get in touch with your adoption specialist if you have any questions.
If you would like to learn more about your options, contact Adoption Choices of Oklahoma by email, phone, or text.