Interested in OK surrogacy? Here Are 10 Steps You Should be Thinking About!
Oftentimes, when women are interested in OK surrogacy, there are so many things that they fear they must think about that they worry they won’t be able to keep track of it all. If this is you and you find yourself asking questions like how to become a surrogate mother, what the best surrogacy agencies are, what surrogate qualifications to worry about, and more, then have no fear because Adoption and Surrogacy Choices of Oklahoma is right here to help you out with any concerns you may have. Here are 10 simple steps of the Oklahoma surrogacy process to help you keep organized and get a clear picture of what to expect.
- Decide surrogacy is for you: If you are unsure, you should first decide that becoming a surrogate mother is the right choice for you. There are many things to consider when making this decision, and you need to make sure it is the best one for you. Consider the possible mental, physical, and emotional complications that could go along with it, but also consider the great gift you could be giving to a family in need.
- Complete a surrogate mother application: Once you are sure that surrogacy is the right option for you, fill out a surrogate mother application. At this stage in the process, you will begin thinking about important details like what you want your surrogacy process to look like, how much you want to be involved afterward, if you want to help an intended family you already know or strangers and more. There will also be questions on the form to help you truly make your decision for sure before you can’t go back on it anymore.
- Get your medical records together: You should get your physical medical forms for this stage of the journey, as your medical history is one of the most important aspects of the entire OK surrogacy process. You need to be able to prove that you are a healthy individual and always have been. This provides a sense of well-being to yourself, the intended parents, the IVF specialists, doctors, and more. You will be able to breathe a sigh of relief knowing you have all the required forms and meet the restrictions.
- Complete a drug screening and background check: As important as being healthy is, so is completing the necessary checks and meeting the precautions that may arise. You need to be able to show that you are a worthy candidate for the Oklahoma surrogacy process and that parents will not be making a mistake working with you. For that, you need to show that you do not have a history of illicit drug use or anything even worse than that.
- Find a match: Once you have met all the requirements mentally and physically, you can begin the process of being matched with an intended family. This is a fun part of the process as you will be able to meet plenty of couples in need and have the opportunity to choose one whose values and morals align with your own and whom you would be happy to help.
- Handle the legal stuff: It is a less fun part of the process than the one before it but still just as important, the legal matters need to be handled as well. At this stage in the process, you will have an attorney, and the intended parents will also have an attorney. You will go through the forms and contracts together and make sure all involved parties agree to everything laid out before them. This may not be the most exciting part of the Oklahoma surrogacy process, but it prevents complications further down the line.
- Begin the fertilization and embryo transfer process: Once all of that is handled, it is time to begin the fertilization and embryo transfer processes. Oklahoma gestational surrogacy is done within vitro fertilization or IVF. This means that the eggs will be fertilized in a lab before being transferred over to you. Then, once an embryo successfully attaches, it will be time to move on to the next step of the process.
- Pregnancy: After that comes the pregnancy stage of the surrogacy process. This will be like any other normal pregnancy, except you are carrying the child for someone else. Make sure to take this seriously and treat your body with respect and care. You’re living for more than yourself now!
- Birth: After the pregnancy process has reached its end, it is time for labor and delivery of the child. The intended parents will be there, as will your doctor. You will have the chance to share this wonderful moment together and all experience the joys of the Oklahoma surrogacy process as a whole. However, no joy will be greater than the next step.
- Welcome the new child: The final, easiest, and most gratifying step of the Oklahoma surrogacy process is when you welcome the new child to the world. Surrounded by its surrogate mother and permanent parents, this baby will be welcomed into its life with warmth and happiness. This is a great moment for everyone involved and is a truly gratifying thing for you to be able to be a part of.
If you are definitely interested in the Oklahoma surrogacy process and think being a surrogate mother may be right for you, make sure to visit Adoption and Surrogacy Choices of Oklahoma to learn more so you can begin your own surrogacy journey today!
Adoption and Surrogacy Choices of Oklahoma is a surrogacy and adoption agency, licensed by the state of Oklahoma and leader in the community. We assist both intended parents and gestational carriers (surrogates). Our staff members are committed to providing an ethical, empowering, and personalized experience to all involved in the surrogacy process.
Toll-free: 800-898-6028 | OKC Local: 405-755-1999 | Tulsa Local: 918-447-7777 | Text: 405-310-8790 | Email
Meet the Author: Alex is originally from Clarksville, Maryland but currently goes to Gettysburg College in Pennsylvania. He is an English major and Environmental Studies minor, focusing on Environmental Law and PR/Communications. He has a deep love for writing, grammar, and all things English. He finds the history and etymology of the language extremely fascinating and loves discovering those small, unnecessary grammatical rules that make English such a weird and special tongue. He is also passionate about the environment and wants to focus on doing what he can to help make the world a better place for future generations.