Reasons Why You Should Choose Gestational Surrogacy as an Intended Parent in 2021
If you’re reading this blog, you’re probably an aspiring, intended parent grappling with the realization that you can’t have children. You’re considering your options, trying to determine what course of action you should take. You’ve heard about surrogacy and you’re now doing research, trying to determine if that’s the path you want to take.
Adoption and Surrogacy Choices of Oklahoma is familiar with your dilemma. We’ve been building families through gestational surrogacy for years. We understand the benefits of surrogacy, and we know what makes the surrogacy process a viable option for aspiring, intended parents like you. Here are some reasons why you should choose gestational surrogacy as an intended parent.
1) Anyone can Have Children Through Gestational Surrogacy
Gestational surrogacy allows people to have biological children when it wouldn’t have been possible otherwise. A wide variety of people use gestational surrogacy:
- Intended parents who suffer from infertility: Many couples are unable to conceive and/or carry a child to term. Some women have had miscarriages, and some women have health conditions that prevent them from getting pregnant. If the intended parents have healthy sperm and eggs, they can be used for the surrogacy.
- Intended parents who are single: Some of the people who are pursuing gestational surrogacy are single. These individuals long to be parents, but they don’t have a partner or spouse they can conceive a child with. A single male can use a surrogate and an egg donor to have the child he longs for. He can use his own sperm for in vitro fertilization (IVF).
- Intended parents who are part of the LGBT community: The majority of people pursuing gestational surrogacy are LGBT. Since they cannot conceive with their partners, surrogacy is their only option if they want a biological connection to their child. For instance, two gay men can’t conceive a child together, but they can use their sperm and an egg donor for the IVF process.
It doesn’t matter who you are. We’ll guide you through the surrogacy process, regardless of your circumstances or reasons.
2) Gestational Surrogacy is a Common and Successful Method
Gestational surrogacy is common due to its high success rates. Over 90 percent of surrogacy end with the birth of a healthy baby (or babies). The gestational surrogacy success rate depends on the surrogate mother’s physical and reproductive health. Adoption and Surrogacy Choices of Oklahoma set regulations and requirements for the women who apply to be surrogate mothers. We also conduct physical and mental evaluations on both the surrogates and the intended parents. This is all to ensure that the surrogacy process will be successful.
3) Gestational Surrogacy is a Relatively Quick and Easy Process
The surrogacy process can last between 14 to 24 months. Because the intended parents’ egg and sperm, respectively, were used for the IVF process, they are the child’s biological and legal parents; thus, the surrogate cannot claim the child for herself after he or she is born. This makes gestational surrogacy slightly less complicated than traditional surrogacy and adoption (in those cases, the woman carrying and delivering the child is the biological mother).
Reasons Why You Should Choose Gestational Surrogacy as an Intended Parent
If you decide that gestational surrogacy is the best way to achieve your dream, Adoption and Surrogacy Choices of Oklahoma will be there for you. We’ll introduce you to a potential surrogate mother, and we’ll offer our assistance whenever it’s needed. If you have any questions about the surrogacy process, don’t be afraid to contact us.
Adoption and Surrogacy Choices of Oklahoma is a surrogacy and adoption agency, licensed by the state of Oklahoma and leader in the community. We assist both intended parents and gestational carriers (surrogates). Our staff members are committed to providing an ethical, empowering, and personalized experience to all involved in the surrogacy process.
Toll-free: 800-898-6028 | OKC Local: 405-755-1999 | Tulsa Local: 918-447-7777 | Text: 405-310-8790 | Email
Meet the Author: Heather Valenzano is an up-and-coming content creator with a bachelor’s degree in mass communications and a minor in English. After graduating from Iona College in 2019, she got an internship – and then a part-time job – writing blogs and managing social media accounts for Hip New Jersey, a lifestyle website owned by Long Shot Productions. She has also produced website and social media content for CommonPage, an external collaboration platform.
When she isn’t working, Heather enjoys watching crime shows like Forensic Files or posting book reviews to OnlineBookClub.org under the username “LavenderLiterature2.”