OK Steps In The Gestational Surrogacy Medical Process
Are you from Oklahoma and considering becoming a surrogate mother? This is a huge step to take! It’s essential you have all the information at your disposal to make the best choices. If you’re thinking of pursuing OK surrogacy, the first thing you need to understand is the surrogacy process. There’s a lot of information you need to know, which can seem overwhelming. That’s why at Adoption and Surrogacy Choices of Oklahoma, we compiled a list of the surrogacy medical process and the steps needed. One of the ways we can help you achieve that is to give you all the information you need.
What Is Gestational Surrogacy?
Before you can learn about the medical steps in the surrogacy process, you first need to know precisely what gestational surrogacy is. This will help you understand why there are specific medical steps you need to take to have a successful surrogacy pregnancy. Gestational surrogacy is when you decide to help another couple or person carry a baby for them to help them start a family. Due to the medical process, you do not share a genetic link with the child you carry. This means you do not have a parental right or claim to them after birth. This is a life-changing step to take when you embark on surrogacy. Knowing the steps needed to complete the medical process is important in ensuring surrogacy is the right path for you.
What Are The Steps To Complete The Medical Process?
Here is a brief overview of the steps you need to complete in the medical aspect of your surrogacy journey. Understanding what your surrogacy entails regarding the medical aspect is important to understand what your journey will look like.
The medical steps you can expect to have to fulfill are:
- Health screenings through surrogacy agencies like Adoption Choices begin your surrogacy journey. This is to ensure you are healthy and have a healthy surrogacy pregnancy.
- This includes going through mental health examinations to show you are emotionally ready to become a surrogate. Adoption and Surrogacy Choices of Oklahoma is dedicated to ensuring you are mentally and physically ready to become a surrogate mother.
- Once you’ve completed the various health screenings, been matched with intended parents, and completed the legal aspect of signing the surrogacy contract agreement, it’s now time for the next medical step: IVF! This is an important medical step in the surrogacy process that we will define later.
- Congratulations! You are now pregnant!
- Now, it’s nine months of doctor’s appointments to ensure that your pregnancy is going smoothly and that you and the baby are happy and healthy.
- Here is the most exciting part: birth!
What Is IVF?
Now that you understand the steps in your surrogacy pregnancy, it’s time to learn about the nitty-gritty aspect, such as IVF. If you have an understanding of IVF, then you are ready to embark on the surrogacy process. This step is essential when it comes to having gestational surrogacy. IVF stands for in vitro fertilization. Once you’ve matched with the intended parents, they will provide their respective sperm and egg.
Once they are then fertilized in a lab, where they are made into embryos. You may go through fertility treatments to ensure your body is ready for pregnancy. When the embryo is ready, the doctor places it into your body through in vitro fertilization (IVF). This is how you are not genetically related to the child you carry since the baby is not made with your eggs. This also helps to cause any legal confusion later on and helps you have a smoother surrogacy pregnancy knowing that you do not share a genetic link to the child you carry.
Working With Surrogacy Agencies For Your Gestational Surrogacy
Now that you have a better understanding of the medical aspect of your gestational surrogacy, you can feel more confident in knowing if surrogacy is the best option for you. Although there are many other aspects of the surrogacy process, it’s incredibly important to have a working knowledge of your responsibilities.
At Adoption and Surrogacy Choices of Oklahoma, we know how important of a decision it is you’re making. When you’re a surrogate mother, you’re making a selfless decision to help another start a family. That’s why we want to make information accessible to you to stay informed and know what the right path for you is.
Adoption and Surrogacy Choices of Oklahoma is a surrogacy and adoption agency, licensed by the state of Oklahoma and a leader in the community. We assist both intended parents and gestational carriers (surrogates). Toll-free: 800-898-6028 | OKC Local: 405-755-1999 | Tulsa Local: 918-447-7777 | Text: 405-201-6643 | Email