Are you interested in being a surrogate?
A surrogate, also called a gestational carrier, is a woman who carries a child for someone else who cannot safely carry a pregnancy to birth. It is our mission to provide unparalleled service throughout the surrogacy process. We ensure that you have specialized legal representation, expert medical care, and hands-on support for the entire surrogacy process.
Who Can Be a Surrogate
Women who are considered for participation in Surrogacy Choices program as Surrogates:
- Are between the ages of 21 and 39
- Have had at least one healthy uncomplicated pregnancy
- Must be actively parenting at least one child
- Are healthy and free of sexually-transmitted diseases
- Do not smoke or take illegal drugs
- Are not alcohol dependent
- Are not currently on public assistance
- Can pass a background check
- MUST LIVE IN THE UNITED STATES
The compensation for being a surrogate varies depending upon your location, circumstances, and history of previous surrogacy (if any). Compensation may be up to $40,000 for qualified surrogates. All compensation is agreed to between you and the intended parents and written into a contract approved by both parties, Surrogacy Choices, and attorneys representing the you and the intended parents. All of the expenses related to surrogacy process are paid by the Intended Parents, and acting as a surrogate will not cost you anything. The surrogacy process can be complicated, and every pregnancy comes with possible difficulties, which is why Surrogacy Choices is committed to promoting the physical, emotional, and financial health of every single surrogate. Please contact us today to learn more about your options helping families in need through the miracle of surrogacy. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Quick Contact: Comments / Questions
The process begins with your application to be a surrogate. Please visit our website or contact our office for an application, or to answer any questions you might have, as soon as you are ready.
Background review & interview
We feel a special commitment to ensure that the surrogacy process is a positive experience for all of our clients. That is why it is so important for us to obtain background details on all of our surrogates and families.
Once we have gone over your background, medical history, and preferences for the process we are ready to begin finding the right family for your surrogacy process. Part of this will be setting down the details of your preferred surrogacy plan; including compensation and medical procedures.
Once all the arrangements have been made with the couple, you will begin working with medical specialists to get ready for the surrogate pregnancy.
Beginning the pregnancy
Specially trained doctors will transfer the couple’s embryo to you and begin the surrogate pregnancy.
Gestational Carriers must meet the following qualifications:
- Be a United States citizen and possess valid identification and birth certificate
- Be between the ages of 21-39 years old
- Have a Body Mass Index between 18-31
- Not have any new tattoos, piercings, or blood transfusions within the last twelve months
- Not take illicit drugs or medications not prescribed
- Not be taking any medication that may harm the pregnancy
- Have had at least one uncomplicated birth
- Be parenting at least one child (there are certain exceptions to this)
- Be a non-smoker, living in a non-smoking home, for at least one-year before completing our application
- Not be receiving any public assistance (including medicaid and food stamps)
- Be willing to complete a background check and psychological evaluation
If you meet the above qualifications please complete our online application using the link below. If you have any further questions, please complete the “Quick Contact” form at the bottom of the page or feel free to call us at (888) 243-9057.