What is Last-Minute Adoption, and What are The Pros and Cons?
Facing an unplanned pregnancy can be an emotional time. Even though there are options, you may be overwhelmed in decision-making. One of the options may be placing your baby for adoption. Furthermore, You may wonder how you will give the baby up for adoption. That is why Adoption Choices of Oklahoma is here to help you with your adoption journey. We will provide you with all of the resources you may need during the process.
What is Last-Minute Adoption?
Last-Minute adoption occurs when you are in labor and on your way to the hospital, you are at the hospital preparing for birth, or if your baby has just been born. Additionally, some women decide to place their child for adoption and create an adoption plan.
You are never too late to choose adoption. Therefore, you can contact us either from the hospital or once you’ve returned home with your child.
Pros and Cons of Adoption
When you are choosing adoption, it is important to look at the pros and cons. Here are the detailed pros and cons of adoption.
Pros of Adoption
Looking at the pros of adoption can help you make your choice of adoption. It is important to look into the benefits so that you can gain better insight for your child.
The Available Adoption Resources
At Adoption Choices of Oklahoma, we offer resources that will benefit your adoption journey! Here are the main resources we offer:
- Medical Assistance: We will help you get access to prenatal care since it is essential in this process. Therefore, Adoption Choices of Oklahoma can assist you with applying for Medicaid and medical care.
- Financial Assistance: We can help you with financial assistance that factors your needs. Moreover, We can also help you with applying for eligibility, such as Food Stamps and other services.
- A Place to Stay: We can help you look for proper housing so that it is an easier process on your journey.
- Emotional Support: We provide post-placement counseling for you since adoption can be an emotional time for you. We understand how you are feeling, and it is important to continue our support with you.
Our Professional Adoption Agencies
At Adoption Choices of Oklahoma, we are a licensed and non-profit adoption agency. We help pregnant women all across Oklahoma. Moreover, our licensed professionals will come to meet you in person or virtually! Our Tulsa adoption agency professionals can and will travel to you even if you don’t live nearby. We advocate getting to know you, and we assist with your personal needs. What sets us apart from National agencies is the personal support we give. We will make sure to assist you on your journey one on one!
Adoption Has a Positive Impact on Your Mind and Future
When you choose adoption, you are taking in the variety of benefits to you and your child’s life! Here are some of the benefits.
- Adoption can Ease Your Mind: Since you are working with Adoption Choices of Oklahoma, we advocate meeting on one with you. Therefore, you know that your decisions are assisted by us and that you know you have made the right decision for your child.
- Adoption Gives you the Adoption to Continue Your Education: If you are trying to continue your career or school, adoption can allow you to do that! You will not have to worry about raising your child while pursuing those goals.
- Adoption Allows Reduction of Stress: Parenthood can have a lot of stressful responsibilities. Therefore, you can provide your child with an adoptive family to ease your stress.
The Cons of Adoption
While there are many pros, it is also important to look at the cons. Making this decision is big for you, and it is helpful to look at both sides. Here are a few cons.
It May be a Difficult Decision to Make
Choosing adoption is a big life step. You may have to sit back and ask yourself the following questions: Are you financially let to parent a child? Do you have access to essential care? Is your home stable and safe if you parent your child? What are your goals in life, education, and career-wise? Can you provide the life you want for your child?
The Stigma of Adoption
We want you to know that choosing adoption is not giving up your baby. Unfortunately, this con of adoption is most common because, in society, people think you are giving up your baby. However, instead of that factor, you are choosing a safe and stable life for your child. You make the best decisions for your child.
Here are The First Steps of the Adoption Process
Step 1: You will be assigned an Adoption Specialist
Once you have contacted Adoption Choices of Oklahoma, you will then schedule with an Adoption Specialist! You can do a form of contact that is the most comfortable for you. This appointment will allow her to get to know you more.
Step 2: You will Begin Looking For an Adoptive Family
Your Adoption Specialist will help you view different family profiles! If you do not like any of these families, we will show you more family profiles that have been carefully screened through us.
Once you have found a match, your Adoption Specialist will help you to set up a conference call with the family. Additionally, your adoption Specialist will be there to support you the whole time.
Step 3: The Support Will Continue from Your Adoption Specialist
Furthermore, your ADoption Specialist will assist you with your doctor appointments, hospital plans, and transportation. Your Adoption Specialist will pay for your important needs (transportation, clothes, and others.) once your expenses are approved and set by a judge.
A Message for You on Your Adoption Journey
You are not alone in this process. We are here to help you guide through the steps and break them down so that you fully understand them. When you are putting a child up for adoption, it can be a significant and emotional time. When you are placing your baby for adoption through Adoption Choices of Oklahoma, know that all of the additional support will be offered to you.
If you are a woman considering adoption, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.
Adoption Choices of Oklahoma is a private adoption agency licensed by the state of Oklahoma and a leader in the adoption community. We have been assisting birth parents, children, and adoptive families in Oklahoma for over 19 years. Our staff members are committed to providing an ethical, empowering, and personalized adoption experience to all involved in the adoption process. If you are currently in the process of adopting a baby and have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact us.